Since my last post, I’ve been a-wandering – Scotland! Ohio! Hawaii! University of Minnesota! Don’t make me say what was best because each trip was one to remember.
And – I have a new job! Last fall, I was offered an opportunity to teach in a brand-new Library and Information Services program at our local technical college. It took a lot to lure me away from my elementary school library, but in the end, I was ready for a new challenge. And now I’m about to start teaching my first class next week – Children’s Literature and Services. I’m so excited to start talking about books and kids with future librarians and library workers!
Writing-wise, Glow has been slowly winning hearts over. It’s added a few more honors and state children’s choice nominations. I especially love the state awards because I know first-hand how fun it is to share the nominees with kids. The state award nominations also mean I’ve been doing some extra Skype chats with classes and libraries as teachers and librarians around the country – please let me know if you’d like to set something up. In the meantime, here’s the updated list:
- A 2017 NSTA Outstanding Trade Book for Students K-12
- A Bank Street Best Children’s Books of the Year, 2017
- 2018 Illinois Monarch Award nominee
- 2017-2018 Tennessee Volunteer State Book Award Nominee
- 2017 Texas Topaz Nonfiction Reading List
- 2017-2018 Virginia Reader’s Choice nominee
As always, happy reading!